The playing was recorded from stage, balcony and two separate hall microphone positions, each capturing tight hits, loose hits, extra loose hits, tight rim hits, loose rim hits, tight stick clicks and loose stick clicks. The core content weighs in at over one gigabyte, with nearly 1400 samples.
Patches have been designed to meet a range of needs, from traditional open-air taiko ensembles to the sound of distant armies on the march.
Like our earlier Stickbreakers Vol 1: Tom Edition, great attention has been put toward a wide range of “ease-of-use” features, including:
- All pertinent sound and effect controls are accessible on the front interface.
- Mod wheel can lengthen or shorten the drums’ decay in every patch.
- Remap any patch on the fly with the turn of one knob.
- Patches to easily blend “Stage”, “Hall” and “Balcony” microphone positions.
A sample set with depth, focus and monumental sound, Stickbreakers Vol 2: Ten Man Taiko will fill a distinct spot in your sampling toolbox.
Download the user manual here
- 1.1 GB of 44.1 kHz/24bit samples and 24 Kontakt 3.5/4 instrument patches. Download is 527 MB.
- A wide range of articulations, some with as many as 111 samples per key, with a total of 1392 samples. User interface controls are available to control the depth of automatic sample rotation and other humanization features.
- Contains a “Master FX” patch capable of implementing 24 different FX chains. Additionally, each FX chain has alternate effects that can be cross-faded in real-time using the pitch bend wheel.
- Ensemble recordings were made with percussionists placed in suitable acoustic positions to accommodate composers wishing for accuracy in stereo width and depth.
- Patches are available with multi-microphone mix controls.
- User interface controls include: convolution reverb (with 34 custom IR .wavs), saturation, stereo width, velocity curve, low and high pass filters, delay, low, mid and high EQ gain, AHDSR, remap knob and humanization.
- Compatible with full retail versions of Native Instruments’ Kontakt 3.5 and up. The free Kontakt Player will not work with this collection.
Regular Price: $69.99
This demo features Ten Man Taiko with a cinematic feel.
Hand percussion sounds are provided by
Action Drums: Cinematic Edition. All other sounds - stick clicks, rim hits and "big drums" are from Ten Man Taiko. Taiko ambience is natural.
This demo begins with a shime-daiko, a high-pitched snare-like drum that will be featured in a future Stickbreakers volume. All other sounds are from Ten Man Taiko. All drum ambience is natural.
Composed by Dan Reynolds